what do i need

marbles 12:55 28 Aug 05

i have a network card in my laptop and a pci card in my desktop, the broadband connection is not very good between the two. what do i need to connect both together. a access point or a router, it's all very confussing. i just need to share the internet connection between both. running xp pro,

DieSse 13:15 28 Aug 05

You have all you really need. So - exactly what do you mean by "the broadband connection is not very good between the two"?

daxian 13:21 28 Aug 05

hi marbles.....the simplest way to achieve what you want is a crossover cable,
join the two ,run the network wizard in xp ,
telling the wizard that you want internet sharing ,
make the setup disk and run it on the second pc .

that will be all that is needed .....(access points are for a wireless setup ,and routers for 2 or more pc's)....hope this helps .....Dave.

marbles 19:46 28 Aug 05

The connection is not very good cause sometimes when i boot laptop there is no problems the next time its not there. i want to stay wireless i don't like the idea of cables all over

woodchip 19:55 28 Aug 05

just try this, turn router off with swich on router not mains, turn off all computers off, retart router, do not switch computer on until router as booted and all lights are full on, not flickering

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…