What To Do?

XFX 15:59 04 Dec 03

Tomorrow I shall be changing my Mother board and Processor.

I have not been too happy with XFX board so decided to go back to Soltek.

My question is:
Will I have to do a FULL re-install? Would it be BETTER to do a full re-install. Or will things be OK just installing the Motherboard drivers?

What is the best plan of action?

Gongoozler 16:07 04 Dec 03

It has been said on this forum that XP is quite good at handling motherboard changes. Windows 98 tends to get upset by having the wrong chipset drivers.

Sir Radfordin 16:32 04 Dec 03

If you can do a clean install (format drive and start again) then you will at least know if you have any other problems that that this wasn't the cause.

You can get away with changing the mobo but when you reboot you will have to install the drivers for it.

Terry Brown 16:38 04 Dec 03

I assume you are using a version of XP, if so the XP software should find the new board, and prompt you accordinly, however if you are using an earlier version of windows (me,win98),and you have loaded board drivers(from your Board setup CD), you may have a problem. I sugest you install your new board, and if requested (or you want features from) insert the new board CD rom, and proceed by accepting the defaults (you can always change them later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…