What is a discussion server?????

Happy1 22:27 16 Jun 03

I was checking my emails and then deleted an email. Logged off bt web email service then I had a box come up asking me to add a discussion server or something on those lines. Was it from MSN Messenger or what do you think? I had MSN 5 set to not signed in at the time. Is it genuine do you think? Many thanks for your help.

San

jazzypop 01:28 17 Jun 03

Simple answer - click here

Complex answer - click here

In other words, MSOffice has a bulletin-board type of facility, that can be used for collaborative working on shared documents.

My guess is that either BT use a discussion server, or the message that you deleted was from a discussion server, or you have managed to create one on your machine

Happy1 23:03 17 Jun 03

Many thanks for your reply. (very good links) I don't have a network set up yet, but I did set up a new office document yesterday for a Focus Group I am working on using a wizard to look at different layouts for Agendas etc. I am wondering whether this may have triggered box possibly in conjunction with MSN.net or maybe configuration of my setup in internet connection. Or a website I have visited. San

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…