What did I download?

Is there a way to find out what you download on the net, When I went to a web site a box came up asking me to download something I had no intention to download it and did know what it was but I accidentally clicked on yes to download.

I would like to know what I downloaded?

I have Windows XP

rmn 22:52 02 May 03

i dont think you can the file exstension may give you a clue if its not a zipped file. exe means executable ussually a program, jpeg picture, pdf document etc but dont know of a program which will identify them.to be safe use your virus scanner to scan them then at least you know its not a known virus.

DieSse 22:58 02 May 03

Go through the motions of downloading something else - but keep a careful note of WHERE the default download location is (you don't actually have to do a download - but if you do a small beningn one, that you take a note of the name - that would be good).

Then you have two ways to get at where the download went - look in the folder where downloads normally go - and/or search for the download you did take note of, and in that folder you should find the other one.

I think what I downloaded was Macromedia's Shockwave Flash Version 6, I thought I already had it installed being all the web adverts are displayed but I guess some sites require you to have version 6 installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…