What is "D" Folder in XP

narke 10:40 26 Jan 03

I have two hard drives,
Win98 is installed on the C drive,

XP is installed on the D drive.

I have noticed that there is a folder called D on the D drive which contains a folder called windows this is 1.5GB.
I also have folder in the root of the D drive called windows this is 1.7GB.
Can either of these folders be deleted to release some disc space?. The windows folder in the D folder is dated later than the root dir windows. I have recently reinstalled XP on top of the old installation if this is relevant. Sorry if all the D's are making this confusing but I would like to clear out some rubbish if possible

AndySD 11:15 26 Jan 03

It looks like you installed a second copy of XP on the D drive instead of doing a repair instalation or formating the drive and installing a new version. How to remove one without affecting the other I dont know as I have not come accross this yet. Sorry

narke 11:56 26 Jan 03

Thanks AndySD
I think I'll leave both folders alone, I've only just put all my software back on and I don't want to start again. It will get sorted next time I reformat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…