what is correct command to flash bios

toni b 17:22 08 Nov 04

My friend is trying to flash his bios the file he has downloaded is called aminf330.
he has made a bootable floppy with the two files extract from the manifactures web sit what is the correct command to flash bios pleasenthis is the info found on the web site

If the bios file has the .ZIP extension and the content contains .ROM file and AMI flash utility (amiflash.exe) (AE22 and ME21V1.7 uses AMI Bios) then you need to extract to the entire content to a bootable floppy and type in amiflash xxx.ROM /a manually to flash bios
can some body please type excatly what must be written

regards toni

Rayuk 17:30 08 Nov 04

Best if you give details of the motherboard itself and if poss the exact names of the unzipped files.

toni b 17:39 08 Nov 04

MB is Shuttle MV42N zip file downloaded has these two files AMINF330 and Mv42sn08.rom

hope this more useful

woodchip 17:45 08 Nov 04

The amiflash xxx.ROM, is where the xxx is, you put the drive letter that the flash utility is on. as

A:\ROM

woodchip 17:48 08 Nov 04

The amiflash xxx.ROM, is where the xxx is, you put the drive letter that the flash utility is on. as

A:\ROM

PS it is no good just copying a zip file to a floppy you have to double click the file while you have a blank floppy in the drive to create the boot floppy disc then put the BIOS file on the floppy disc that you create

woodchip 18:06 08 Nov 04

For instructions on how to Flash check my post
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…