What Connector?

dumb_haddik 17:59 12 Apr 06

I recently ordered (it has not yet come) this graphics card: click here it looks like it has a strange type of connector. My screen does not connect like this. It claims to have VGA outputs, are these normal monitor sockets?

GuZ><0r 18:04 12 Apr 06

This type of socket is DVI. The monitor as you say has VGA.

This should be what your after. click here

dumb_haddik 18:08 12 Apr 06

click here and scroll down to `interfaces`.

does this mean it supports this, but only when used with an adapter, or that it includes one?

thanks in advance

GuZ><0r 18:18 12 Apr 06

Your last link for me, doesn't work!

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:09 12 Apr 06

Think it comes ready to fit both types of monitor. If not you can get adapters but says they are included.

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:13 12 Apr 06

Can't work out whether its DVI to DVI with a DVI/VGA adapter or DVI to VGA with a VGA/DVI adapter. Should be one or the other, twice.

Totally-braindead 22:16 12 Apr 06

I bought a XFX 7300GS, its got the same as the ones on yours, 2 DVI connectors, also comes with adaptor for using an analogue monitor which is what you need. Had a wander through Novatechs range of XFX cards and all the ones I looked at come with the adaptor.

Totally-braindead 22:18 12 Apr 06

Doesn't really matter but I made a mistake above, its the 7600GS I have, I don't think there is a 7300.

keef66 23:06 12 Apr 06

There is a 7300gs, but it's not very good.

dumb_haddik 10:00 16 Apr 06

Thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…