What is a CIF single chip

Giskard 11:20 14 May 05

When i connect a usb web cam to my pc the hardware wizard starts and wants to load a CIF single chip. What is a CIF single chip?, before i had to reinstall this device it appeared as a usb camera but now i amunable to make it work.
please help.

Pooke100 11:52 14 May 05

the CIF chip performs the same task as the retina in your eye. what webcam and what operating system are you using?

Giskard 12:15 14 May 05

I am using Win XPsp2 Home, a usb Soc pc camera, it came with no drivers but use to work before i hadf to reinstall xp. ialso have loaded Hauppage software loaded and use to AMcap from that program.

Pooke100 21:31 14 May 05

I have found nothing on the description of the camera you have given. I suggest going to the manufacturers' website if they have one and downloading the drivers for the webcam. Alternatively back to where you bought and ask them.

I am sorry that I am not of much help

Giskard 09:02 15 May 05

thanks for the help anyway, it use to work so i will just have to keep on trying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…