What is causing task bar icons to shift & duplicate?

belle24 21:17 PM 30 Jun 12

The task bar on my laptop, acer aspire, runs along the bottom of the screen. Along with other icons, the icon for the pointing device, time and date are permanently shown to the left of the taskbar. Recently I have noticed that intermittently the time, date and pointing device icon with half of it coloured in blue (no blue shown on the permanent righthand side icon)also appear duplicated to the lefthand side of the taskbar. When this happens on the left side I can only describe it as ghost like icons still visible but behind the permanent icons on the left which are calculator, documents, wordpad, etc. Does anyone know what causes this? The laptop is still under warranty, having already had the motherboard and keyboard replaced after 3 months.

belle24 21:20 PM 30 Jun 12

Oops, cannot find an edit button. original post should read "Along with other icons, the icon for the pointing device, time and date are permanently shown to the RIGHT of the taskbar.

(not left as previously said)

Nontek 21:38 PM 30 Jun 12

No edit button on this Forum, if you are new to the Forum, then Welcome!

Download and run Ccleaner, this might fix a possible glitch in the registry.

Failing that, as it is a new laptop I would advise contacting the Vender again for them to sort.

belle24 21:45 PM 30 Jun 12

Thanks Nontek, I will try Ccleaner and see if it solves the problem.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites