WHAT CASE TO BUY?

PC VIRGIN 16:07 01 Oct 03

Recently purchased a Asus Motherboard with a AMD Athlon XP2600 Processor and 512 MB of Ram.
Can anyone recommend a good Case to put all of this in?. Some people at work have warned me about buying the right one so that the Motherboard fits into it!!

Simsy 16:44 01 Oct 03

I assume that it is an "ATX" form motherboard, in which case, (no pun intended), it will fit in any ATX.

They do come as "micro", "midi" and "full". This give a variation as to how many drive bays the case has, hence how many HDD/CD/DVD drives can be fitted.

You may have other considerations, such as front mounted usb ports, but the basic answer to your question is that an ATX mobo fits in an ATX case.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Simsy

roders 16:54 01 Oct 03

try hear...and click CASES. your spoilt for choice.

i just bought the silver transparemt light case, comes with neon strobe light and 4 neon blue fans.

click here

roders 16:55 01 Oct 03

also it will fit fine. i also bought xp 3000 motherboard with processor

expertec 17:01 01 Oct 03

How many watt power supply would you need for a system with a Athlon XP 2600+ processor?

roders 17:25 01 Oct 03

400w

Ivor_Monkey 18:50 01 Oct 03

Some cases are very quiet, some are very cheap, and others seem to be very cool (with vents front and back). Is it possible to find quuuiet. cool and cheap cases?

Rayuk 19:26 01 Oct 03

Would be better for you to give your budget as cases and psus are from £20 to £1xx plus.

Simsy 19:36 01 Oct 03

I can't make any recommendations, (in response to your e-mail). I've bought 2 in the past, and in both instances I bought the cheapest I could, paying about £25 each time.

Finish can be marginal, and they've both been rather flimsy, (though adequate), and a bit noisy.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

hugh-265156 20:17 01 Oct 03

i got this one click here from pc world for £45 they sell it as a jeantec.

its only available in black from them, steel,quite solid and quite roomy and no sharp edges,room for 4 case fans if you want.only 300w psu but its included in the price and can be easily replaced.door hides a multitude of sins.:-)

woodchip 20:24 01 Oct 03

Just to put things straight, it will not necessarily fit in any case. As some motherboard even ATX vary in size and need more screws to install the board, so it is best to make sure that you get a large case with plenty of room.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…