What can you do with a 360 power supply!!

matt-few 18:30 30 Sep 05

My pc built last December (Evesham) has a 360 psu in it (chieftec dragon case with it's own psu).

My pc has a 120gb sata boot drive, 2x250gb raid, P4 3.6, Ati x800Pro, Creative Audigy 2 Platinum pci and front bay drive, floppy, usb and firewire pci cards and front panel of 2xusb and 1 firewire. Only has a processor fan and motherboard fan.

Without adding extra hardware (external and all have their own mains psu units other than camera card reader, is this setup running near the 360 limit?

Skills 18:42 30 Sep 05

Try the power supply calculator here click here and see what it says

matt-few 18:50 30 Sep 05

Its 383 so over the 360. I have heard that psu's will normally give more power than stated, but will have a shorter life.

I have recently had computer problems which I thought were psu problems, but Evesham just told me to reformat my hdd and reinstall windows. I am just waiting for windows to crash again!!!

woodchip 18:51 30 Sep 05

If it's good PSU then it should be enough.

GaT7 18:58 30 Sep 05

The calculator link that Skills posted is approximate only, but your system could still be under-powered.

See how it goes for the time being. If you continue to have problems & suspect it may be PSU-related, request Evesham for a more powerful one. It's better to have more power than just enough or less. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…