What can be the issue if my powerline adapters are detecting each other but aren't transferring?

SebastianLinnemann 20:24 10 Mar 15

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to read this.

I am trying to set up an extended local network using Powerline Adapters (the WiFi variety). The 'master' (the one connected to the router, supplying the network signal to the electrical circuit) is detecting the remote adapter (the one further down the hall), however, they are not transferring data.

The software utility that came with the devices is showing my remote adapter in the list of detected devices, but it's also showing that the transfer rate is zippidy nil nothing.

I've definitely set them up correctly because in another building they were working fine with the same settings and credentials suchs as SSID, WPA2-PSK (AES) etc.

I'm by no means an electrician and very inexperienced with power circuits and such. I would guess that the adapters aren't on the same circuit but then again, why is it showing up as detected?

If anyone could point me towards a solution or help in any way, I would be very grateful.

Thanks again for your time,

Sebastian.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:53 10 Mar 15

Have you connected a laptop to the wifi from the second adaptor and tried to connect to the internet.

SebastianLinnemann 21:24 10 Mar 15

Hey FruitBat,

thanks for your input.

Not that it matters, but the network isn't supposed to relay internet. I have connected to the wireless adapter down the hall with a tablet, using WiFi Analyzer to make sure I'm connecting to it's MAC address.

I can access the unit's settings interface when connected but I cannot ping my computer or access my router.

Thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…