What can be done to sort the PC problem please??

julius44 19:30 PM 13 Jun 11

Hello and good evening to you, my cousin range me this evening as he said that he had a problem with a work pc. He's one of the Pc guys at his work place, there is a pc that they use for testing at work, and he said that its developed a virus, and he said that it was his talsk to remove the virus. He used malware-bytes in safe mode.....(scareware) and he said that it seemed to remove it....but then when he sterted to use the pc, in normal mode again..every few minutes it would just shut down, and then he would need to restart it again. I've told him that i'll post the problem, and hopefully someone can be able to help......maybe the virus is still on the desktop??? Any suggestions please???

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:39 PM 13 Jun 11

Name of Virus?

Op system?

julius44 19:49 PM 13 Jun 11

op system is windows XP..... he said that it said that u are infected by "trojan horses". thats all he can remember

bremner 19:57 PM 13 Jun 11

Any attempt to remove infections must be done using an Anti Virus program such as Norton, AVG, MSE etc AND an anti spyware program such as Malwarebytes

Terry Brown 20:09 PM 13 Jun 11

If your cousin is supposed to be able to fix the PC's at work, it seems he is in either the wrong job, or he seriously needs some training.

After removing virus /trogan, he will also need to remove it from the restore system. Does he actually know what the name of the infection is ?

Try runing SPYBOT and ADAWARE

link textlink text

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:15 PM 13 Jun 11

Sounds like a variant of the old Blaster worm link text

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…