What cables do I need?

I believe my gfx card has TV out. What cables do I need for the PC to go through my TV? Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:25 26 Dec 09

My PC has TV out but that doesn't mean any thing any way (mines Scart)

What graphics card?
What type of TV do you wish to connect to?

Most flat screen TV have PC input which is VGA socket (Dsub 15pin blue)it will take a monitor cable but to get sound you need to connect a 3.5 jack to speaker out a (PC and audio in TV)

Your graphics card if newish may also have Hmdi

gengiscant 11:28 26 Dec 09

what card??

How do I find out what card without taking PC apart?

gengiscant 11:36 26 Dec 09

Belarc advisorclick here or SIW.click here

How do you know it is a GFX card?

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE GFX Card. My TV is a new flat screen with scart, hdmi etc..

GaT7 18:27 28 Dec 09

If your graphics card has a DVI port & the TV HDMI, then an inexpensive DVI-HDMI cable will do - e.g. starting at just over £3.29 delivered at 7DayShop click here. I've shopped at this store many times - good prices & great service.

If you're an eBay member, get it for even less - starting at just under £2 for a 1m cable click here. G

So the DVI-HDMI cable will do for the audio also?

User-312386 18:39 28 Dec 09

The 7300LE i would not even try with HDMI, does your TV have a blue VGA connector? If it has a blue vga connector then use that and get a digital to VGA! I Have seen some horrible pictures as the LE has turbo cache

No the TV does not appear to have a blue VGA connector (like on the back of my monitor?).

User-312386 18:47 28 Dec 09

Give the HDMI cable a go, its kind of hit and miss but worth a go!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5