what blank dvd/cd do ibuy

plzhelp 17:44 24 Jul 05

help i have a philips dvd rw 885 do i buy dvd+or dvd- or cd+ or cd- all i want to do is a back up disk and store photoes from a digital camera hope some 1 can help

esbe 18:05 24 Jul 05

Hi, you can use CD-R, or DVD-R if you just want to backup photies.

I would use CD-R as they are cheaper and there are many brands avaliable.

You can also use CD-RW, which means that you can write to the disc more than once.

If you buy them on a 'spindle' you might want to think about storage, in which case you can buy separate cd / dvd cases/ sleeves etc.

I usually get a good brand of DVD-R from Morissons - 'Maxell' in packs of five in cases for £6.99 + get one pack free, again there are many brands / outlets about.

cheers.

Totally-braindead 19:38 24 Jul 05

Personally I wouldn't use CDRW disks, they are not as stable as CDRs and considering how cheap CDs are these days there is very little cost advantage. Plus what I do is make 2 copies and try them out every couple of months just to check the disks are ok, if not I immediatly make a copy from the disk that is still ok. This way there is less chance of losing your photos due to the disk becoming corrupted or even a simple accident which damages the disk. I've used several makes and can't say that I've found one brand thats markedly better than another, though I'm sure some would disagree with that viewpoint. At the moment I'm using Datasafe ones, about £5 for 50 on a spindle mainly cos thats the type my local shop have at the moment and I don't need cases as I store them in a box designed for keeping CDs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…