What is the best way to record streamed audio ??

big-g 19:03 28 Dec 06

I have tried Audacity but it records from the mic input which picks up the speaker music

howard64 19:50 28 Dec 06

in audacity you can set it to line in - go to the audacity site and look at their instructions. Once working you then have to switch off your mic to stop all local sounds being recorded.

Artik2 19:54 28 Dec 06

There are some softwares that record the output sounds from your sound card. I havent try them but maybe those programs are what you are looking for.

howard64 20:02 28 Dec 06

just looked at my copy of audacity - roughly in the middle is a panel with a drop down arrow. Click on this to select line in.

cocteau48 20:11 28 Dec 06

try here
click here

big-g 19:06 29 Dec 06

Thanks all. My copy of audacity does not have a line input option.
I will try freehiqrec. I will let you know the outcome.

cocteau48 19:24 29 Dec 06

On the audacity interface there is a drop down menu at approx 3 o'clock. I think you will find it set to "stereo mix" as the default setting. You will find "line in" as one of the drop down options.

laurie53 20:19 29 Dec 06

I use Replay Radio.

Fairly simple, works well

Laurie

smoking44 21:37 29 Dec 06

use quintesental player. excellent saving of streams, use it for internet radio. Breaks streams into individual songs, Works for me.

big-g 13:18 30 Dec 06

Thanks to all

I used freehiqrec and it is very good indeed. Simple and effective.The free version only limits the recorded bit rate.

I reloaded Audacity and this version has the line input and stereo and mono options as well.
A Happy new year to all who helped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…