//some 3rd party need geo

What is the best way to clean a TFT screen?

Legolas 10:31 06 Nov 03

Same as the title

What is the best way to clean a TFT screen?

MAJ 10:38 06 Nov 03

I've only got mine about a week or so, Legolas, so I just give it a little light dust-over with a clean cloth, but it will be interesting to know how to clean it properly.

plankton 10:49 06 Nov 03

I've had mine a year, and do the same thing....

Cesar 11:36 06 Nov 03

There are two ways to clean a TFT screen, 1. a weak solution of washing up liquid in warm water or a proprietory brand. Use a Paper towel and press very lightly on the screen, then finish of with a clean paper towel. In all circumstances make sure your computer is disconnected from the mains. If you clean your screen and keep a clean duster every day when you have finished with your computer wipe the sceen with your clean duster and it should not require a proper clean for months.

Djohn 13:00 06 Nov 03

As Cesar says, but use a soft cotton cloth and not Paper towel. Paper is too harsh and may scratch the coating over a period of time.

Clean with hardly any pressure at all, just a gentle wipe over the screen with the monitor turned off. An old T shirt cut into small pieces is ideal for this.

I have not had to clean mine yet, but have done so with my Son's Laptop several times and the above method works fine. j.

Legolas 21:32 06 Nov 03

Thanks for the above suggestions, the answer to my query seems to be 'very gently'

Eastender 22:53 06 Nov 03
  woodchip 23:02 06 Nov 03

Paper towel scratched my scratch resistant glasses, so much that I got new lenses for free as they did not warn me. And that?s a lot harder plastic than your TFT screen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…