What is the best UK cloud based storage?

I need cloud storage where the data is stored in the UK or Europe to comply with data protection for my small business. I don't need a large amount (similar to personal use) but it must be secure and properly encrypted. I do need to keep the costs down, but don't mind paying to get a good provider if necessary. Thanks Anna

Batch 08:31 26 May 15

KnowHow (seemingly part of PCworld is the only one that is obviously UK based in this list. But even then I would check out the Ts & Cs to be certain that UK based in contractual obligation on their part.

click here

robin_x 13:14 26 May 15

Jeez. I did a 1 day Intro Course to the DPA in 1985 and the provisions were concerning but not too arduous (I think we covered 25 Principles)

How times have changed. My sympathies with all small businesses

I've had a Google and am just baffled how you would easily be able to read all the info on the subject for a simple question (and I am used to reading up about CE Safety legislation, so not a legalese illiterate)

=-=-=

My first thought was that surely any 1st World Cloud Storage Service would be suitable. eg Dropbox/OneDrive/Google Drive and you encrypt your files before uploading.

But I found this simple old GCSE BBC Guide that suggests data must be retained in the EU (EEA)

I can't believe that is still true though

I also found different guides on storing personal details and credit/debit card details. And on-line processing by third parties

=-=-=

Maybe someone with more up to date in-depth knowledge can jump in or you could ask other small businesses (via a local Trade Association or other forums)

=-=-=

You don't have to use online methods. People did trade before the Cloud. Might cut out some issues.

If you had some 2 or 3 or more external drives you could store info on them and rotate to an off-site location.

Encryption via Axcrypt or Veracrypt may be suitable.

Tricky subject overall

madanforever4u 13:48 26 May 15

mega and one drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…