What is the best sat nav for me please

Damarc 18:42 25 Jul 10

My husband is getting worse at giving me directions when I'm driving, I do all the driving and end up stopping and starting reading maps. I therefore thought about getting a sat nav but just don't know where to start. All I want is UK destinations, I'm not fussed about speed cameras, just getting from A to B with the minimum of argument! Family members are divided between those with SD card slots and those saying I won't need them. I just want ease of use. Thanks

Technotiger 19:07 25 Jul 10

This should get your search started .... click here

woodchip 19:23 25 Jul 10

most go for tom tom, I have one, and it does the job. I also have one on a Acer PDA this also works okay but I have loaded a version of tom tom on it

VoG II 19:32 25 Jul 10

My daughter and I share a Tom Tom click here

This is available way cheaper than the listed price.

Always advisable to check the route that it has selected for you to ensure you don't end up crossing rivers (this hasn't happened to me but on a couple of occasions it has tried to send me down streets blocked by bollards).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:08 25 Jul 10

Go to Halfords, they have all the major makes of sat navs and often have half price deals.

You can look at all of them and decide which suits you best.

I have a TOM TOM One for work and a Garmin for home (prefer the bigger screen)

sunnystaines 20:49 25 Jul 10

tomtom are good

northumbria61 21:03 25 Jul 10

TomTom for me anyday.

compumac 21:06 25 Jul 10

TomTom wihout a doubt, except for the latest application update to V9.

Daiol 21:51 25 Jul 10

TOMTOM,The Best of the Best.

anchor 15:05 26 Jul 10

I agree 100%; TomTom is the make to go for.

They also offer free Latest map guarantee for new devices within 30 days of purchase. Thus you can be sure you have the latest map on your model. You use TomTom "Home" on your PC to download this.

If you us an idea of your budget, we can suggest a particular model.

woodchip 16:06 26 Jul 10

I use the Tom Tom one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced