What Is The Best RAM RD OR SD

M7MAK 12:14 14 Aug 03

in one of my pcs the dell one i have rd ram pc800 why does dell use this,?is it better?or equivelent ,in my mesh i have sd ram pc2100 266mhz,or i could use pc2700 333mhz,

-pops- 12:18 14 Aug 03

It is not advisable to fiddle about with RAM. Your motherboard is designed to accept one (occasionally two) particular type(s) and that's all there is to it. Putting an incompatible stick of RAM in your machine can cause untold difficulties.

DieSse 12:44 14 Aug 03

... and should be very difficult as the slots on the connector edge will not line up correctly ...

as the boys have said you will not be able to change them over but to enlighten you further RDram designed by Rambus was a dead end road that intel followed between 1999 and 2001, it is considerably more expensive and only marginally better, (the extra cost is one of the major factors in the rise of AMD's fortunes)RDram is not only physically incompatible but has a totally different 'Quad Pumped 16bit Architecture'. Intel have finally dropped RDram from all its new motherboards so prices will rise even further

-pops- 13:33 14 Aug 03

???????????????boys???????????????

Thanks, horiz5!!

We know how old DieSse is (birthday recently) and I'm not far behind him.

I feel quite rejuventated!!!!

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…