what is best protection

2020 23:25 21 Jan 05

hi,i was helping friend who has recently got computer and had bb installed today. i had installed zone alarm and was going to download AVG or Advast antiviris. found Bulldog and it has the lot, should i just install it or seperate programes?
many thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:40 21 Jan 05

Only install and run one Antivirus program at a time or they will conflict with each other.

Antispyware programs however will usually co exist ok

Anti Virus :-
Avast4 click here
Antivir click here
AVG antivirus click here
Microworld click here

Individual virus removers:_
Bitdefender click here
Stinger click here

Antivirus on line checks:-
Panda click here
Trend Online Check click here

Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here
a2 click here
Spyware Sweeper click here
MSoftAntispy Beta click here

CW Shredder click here
Purity Scan removal click here
Incredifinf removal click here

Antidialer click here

2020 23:52 21 Jan 05

many thanks fruit bat... whats ur thoughts on bulldog, it was on a cover disc from a computer mag and so i thought it may be the best all-in protection.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 00:00 22 Jan 05

never heard of it didn't come up on google either

Belatucadrus 00:09 22 Jan 05

I prefer to use separate protection progs, as it limits the vulnerability to attack, of the two freebies you listed, I prefer avast. However if you want a package click here is worth a look.
Bulldog/bullguard isn't listed by Virus Bulletin, but is by ICSA Labs, so should be OK, though I've never used it. Do check how long it lasts though, avast & AVG are free indefinitely, EZArmor free for a year, Bulldog ??? but very few AV progs on cover disks are giving more than 3 to 6 months free updates at the moment.

@jc 07:23 22 Jan 05

saved for ref

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:16 22 Jan 05

All you need is an AV (AVG), a spyware cleaner (Adaware but you could also d/l the new Microsoft one which is excellent and offers real-time protection)), Ccleaner, regseeker and a firewall if you feel that you would be happier with one. These are all free and there is no need for a home user to pay for such protection. There is no need to go OTT.

G

Computerdope 08:38 22 Jan 05

but i think bulldog/bullguard has something to do with kazza.

2020 09:52 22 Jan 05

many thanks for all your help. i got the bullguard with computer buyer and its free for 6 months.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…