What Is the best Operation System

WeBbY vUiT 14:26 17 Jan 03
  WeBbY vUiT 14:26 17 Jan 03

What Is the best Operation System

cherria 14:30 17 Jan 03

That's like asking what's the best engine.

For doing what?

WeBbY vUiT 14:31 17 Jan 03

gaming

Mr Scone 14:37 17 Jan 03

98 SE is one of the best. I heard a few people had problems running older games on XP, and don't even think about Win2000

Bob the Retard 14:46 17 Jan 03

98 SE i crap for gaming

XP OF CORSE

fudds_spuds 15:06 17 Jan 03

I was using ME and regularly play online games and LAN gaming sessions (Medal of Honour, Counterstrike etc) but had problems. I have switched to XP as most of the mates have done already and so far so good - it definitely seems more stable. However I'm sure someone else will argue for ME or 98 etc. Everyone has their own story to tell but certainly XP seems to be well up there.

spikeychris 15:23 17 Jan 03

Will you please stop these intellectual arguments it goes straight over most of our heads. Try and keep it simple and to the point....

bx2000 15:29 17 Jan 03

o)

fsssh 15:44 17 Jan 03

xp is perfectly good as long as its a relativly new game or a VERY old game i.e. pre windows 95. most games i have which were made for 95 DONT work, even in compatability mode (which is next to useless, i have found). older ones do though, colonisation works perfectly well though it is hundreds of years old. likewise all new games work well and benifit drastically from xp's increased stability (although xp uses up nearly half of my 512Mb of ram!) there is just a few 'middle aged' games which dont, although you may find budget versions are being released with xp patches-most of the games that dont work seem to think they are being run on NT.

Stokey 15:57 17 Jan 03

LOL, I don't normally come here after about 6pm Fridays. This one was a bit early!

Bye 'til Monday :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…