What is the best microfilter?

anchor 16:43 05 Jan 09

I have been having problems with a slight noise on the ADSL line when speaking on the phone. It has been suggested changing the microfilter may help.

Are there differences in the makes of filter; and what brand would you recommend?.

I saw this one at Argos made by Belkin; is it a good one?.

click here

Technotiger 16:52 05 Jan 09

Yes, the brand can make a difference, but Belkin should be fine.

karmgord 19:31 05 Jan 09

just a note to say that just changing my ADSL filters to quality Speedtouch filters from the cheap supplied filters I got an increase in speed of 1mbps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dipso 20:57 05 Jan 09

IMO ADSL Nation's XF-1e are the best dangly type filter you can buy, pictured at the top of click here

However, if you have the newer style BT NTE5 master socket you should go for a filtered faceplate which negates the need for seperate filters. Again ADSL Nation supply the XTE-2005 which is also pictured in the link.

anchor 16:51 07 Jan 09

Dipso: Thanks for the link. I have ordered 3 ADSL Nation XF-1e filters from ADSL-Filters.co.uk. Total Cost £22.

The also offer a full refund if not satisfied.

"We are confident that the microfilters you buy from us will be the answer to your broadband problems - such as caller ID not working, disconnections of your service when the telephone rings, strange noises on the telephone, quiet DECT handsets etc".

Sea Urchin 17:10 07 Jan 09

Thanks anchor - bookmarked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…