What is best Internal or External

Holographic_man 10:18 17 Sep 04

I am going to buy a Broadband Modem single user, (no network at this time)

Reading the reviews USB is good but power can be an issue, I do have plenty of USB and PCI slots. I am running XP home with service pack 2 Athlon 2800XP 512MB ram 80GB HDD.

Your views thanks

Diodorus Siculus 10:23 17 Sep 04

From what I read, external via a network card is the best type to have. But that is from hearsay only - no personal experience.

TomJerry 10:27 17 Sep 04

USB is cheaper, but not very useful especially when you want to add more computers in future (you never know).

So better get a router with adsl modem build-in. One suggestion:

Ebuyer 4 Port ADSL Modem Router £35.24 click here, connect to PC via USB or Lan port. You can find many happy users in ebuyer. I am using a older version and very happy with it.

Sgt. Pepper 10:28 17 Sep 04

I agree with Diodorus Siculus external modem via network card would be the way to go. But also running an external model through your USB port wont cause you any cause for corncern either.

Jeffers22 10:28 17 Sep 04

My preference for dial up was internal, but several of my friends had external and swore they were quicker.

Having been on BB for about 4 months now, with an external ethernet modem. I would not change it to internal for all the tea in China.

The only disadvantages are that it requires a separate power source and takes up shelf space (but not much as it is a Netgear which comes with a stand so you can stand it up vertically).

Holographic_man 10:35 17 Sep 04

TomJerry thanks, have looked at the link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…