what is the best free protection

pupae 22:39 11 Feb 04

dont say early witdrawal!! (someones was bound to)
really though ive just picked up my repaired puter (after 3 months in the shop)and its as new any way, before it went to the shop i used the free avg and a free mcafee firewall which i still use on my laptop, i wondered though if there was some thing better out there before i reintall them? im not really worried about spam as i dont use the e mail that much and am using win2000 pro with office xp, they must be free as im a student with little budget, thanx in advance. ps i am currently unprotected so would appreciate an earliest response. thanx again
pupae

Belatucadrus 22:47 11 Feb 04

click here for avast! 4 antivirus.

click here for Kerio personnal firewall.

I prefer these, but there's nothing wrong with AVG.

Diodorus Siculus 22:47 11 Feb 04

Abstinence ;-}

VoG II 22:48 11 Feb 04

AVG click here and ZA click here should do you.

There is no free McAfee - presumably it came with your 'puter.

Diodorus Siculus 22:48 11 Feb 04

But AVG is good; so too is Avast which I use as it is less resource hungry in my opinion.

Sygate personal firewall too - sygate.com

pupae 22:49 11 Feb 04

no it came free with shhh pcworld magazine

Belatucadrus 22:52 11 Feb 04

PCPro gave away a copy of McAfee firewall some time ago, I tried it, didn't get on with it and replaced it with Kerio 2. This I've upgraded to version 4 even though I probably didn't need to.

pupae 22:59 11 Feb 04

ok ill give it a try just going to download avst now, thanx

depor 23:08 11 Feb 04

I use Antivir click here , Zonealarm firewall and Spamweed Spamfilter All reccomended and free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…