What is best Font to use for OCR scanning

Sethhaniel 13:10 26 Aug 04

Which font should be used to help the Optical Character Recognition program to work to its best advantage.

Times New Roman has a habit of r & i (ri) being mistaken for 'n' and r & n (rn) being mistaken for 'm' etc and in large documents the spell check doesn't always find them out as the words that the errors make are true words.

Using 'textbridge pro'with recommended settings for OCR on XP home ;)

€dstowe 14:51 26 Aug 04

If you have the choice of font for future OCR then a sans serif one such as Arial work better than serif fonts like TNR.

But, I'm tempted to ask: if you have the original text why don't you just keep that on disc for future uses or have I misunderstood?

Sethhaniel 15:00 26 Aug 04

Afraid I recieve the items in typed sheets - oh if they could all be submitted on disk ;)

€dstowe 16:39 26 Aug 04

Then aren't you a bit stuck?

Few typewriters have a choice of fonts.

Diemmess 16:48 26 Aug 04

If your situation reflects mine, that of editor/bottlewasher/go-fer for our village magazine, I suspect you are having to use copy which has been done on a word processor at last, after years of giving you handwritten scraps of paper.

Even that is an improvement, but some of my contributers (Bless them) actually email to me at last!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…