What is the best calendar?

hawthorn59 05:07 27 Feb 09

Hi folks

Id like a calendar where I could enter reminders and they would pop up and remind me about a week or whatever, before the event. Also one that would do so without me having to open it, or perhaps that sits on the desktop always running.

Im sure I read somewhere a description of one like that, and also it was free, I think!

thanks

h

gel 07:19 27 Feb 09

Hi
Try Google Calendar seems to do all you are asking
Will send you an email as a reminder
gel

brundle 08:31 27 Feb 09

Rainlendar fits your description; click here

DippyGirl 09:56 27 Feb 09

I use Thundrbird/Lightning and synchronise/share using Google Calendars.
For Reminders/To Dos I have Reminder-Fox add-on in Thunderbird and Firefox (Lightning inbuilt reminders has (or had - havent looked for a bit) issues with repeating items )
I have never been 100% successful sharing the same file - but I am happy maintaining two sets of lists as they tend to be web or calendar/email orientated
The Moz application has to be running for things to pop-up so doesnt address your "perhaps that sits on the desktop always running" requirement but as I usually have at least one if not both running if the PC is on that isnt a problem for me.
If there was something that I needed to know about even if the TB/FF arent running I would use the scheduler

numskull 10:41 27 Feb 09

I use Calendarscope click here It is not free.

Simsy 12:48 27 Feb 09

click here

and find it great! I use the free version, but there is a paid for version with slightly more features.

Regards,

Simsy

Clapton is God 12:51 27 Feb 09

If you have MS Office, use Outlook

hawthorn59 15:18 27 Feb 09

Simsy

After I emailed my query last night I thought, well maybe I should have searched first.... so I did and found Desktop Calendar. Yes its simple and does almost everything. 2 things i miss are being able to warn you of an event say, a few days beforehand.

And the other thing I find is if I have more than one entry there is only enough space on the display for the first one to show. Any solutions to these? Other than that its great.

h

Clapton is God 15:22 27 Feb 09

"Any solutions to these?"

As I've already suggested - Outlook.

But, unfortunately, you haven't bothered to comment upon my suggestion and its suitability for your needs.

Salut 16:48 27 Feb 09

Rather boringly I still use my trusty (and bruised) Filofax.

Together with PostIt Notes I can even recall my wifes birthday before the event!

Newuser939 17:52 27 Feb 09

If you have Vista, doesn't the built in "Windows Calendar" do the job?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…