What is the best antivirus program?

BigMan24 23:07 14 Sep 04

Hi,

just wondering what everyone uses for protecting their pc?

I've got Norton 2003, but i've not used any other antivirus so dont know how it compares.

I would appreciate any comments u have regarding what ur fav programs are.

Thanks!

stalion 23:16 14 Sep 04

I use this updates nearly everyday and is free
click here

Belatucadrus 23:25 14 Sep 04

click here avast! also free, extremely good.

avg

Cook2 23:39 14 Sep 04

I'm with Belatucadrus on this one. it's FREE and auto updates definitions, and program when newer version appears.

Cook2 23:39 14 Sep 04

I'm with Belatucadrus on this one. it's FREE and auto updates definitions, and program when newer version appears.

Rigor 23:59 14 Sep 04

when my norton subscription ran out i had problems renewing online so did a bit of research. it would seem from reading all the reviews of av software that none come out great but in the end i went for panda titanium 2004, picked up an oem copy from a well known auction site. it found a couple of worms strait away. in my experience 'free' programs are not as thorough as ones u pay for. eg pest patrol is a far superior product to adaware 6.

dirtyh 00:40 15 Sep 04

most are good but mcafee and noton are very good.
i use norton and though i have recieved a virus all new viruses will get through some companys detection system until they decypher the virus.

ie: it needs to be submitted to the company then they can work on a cure.

Jak_1 00:44 15 Sep 04

AVG, does the job for me. Finds all the Trojans and viruses that the net throws at me. And it's free!

ton 01:31 15 Sep 04

AVG, it does the job, updates several times a week and it's free.

pj123 11:26 15 Sep 04

There probably isn't a "best antivirus program". If they all do the job they are supposed to then any one of them is the best. Some you pay for some you don't. I used to have McAfee AV on yearly subscription but have been using AVG (free) for a long time now, does exactly the same job and does it well. Get AVG from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch