What is the best antivirus program?

BigMan24 23:07 14 Sep 04

Hi,

just wondering what everyone uses for protecting their pc?

I've got Norton 2003, but i've not used any other antivirus so dont know how it compares.

I would appreciate any comments u have regarding what ur fav programs are.

Thanks!

stalion 23:16 14 Sep 04

I use this updates nearly everyday and is free
click here

Belatucadrus 23:25 14 Sep 04

click here avast! also free, extremely good.

avg

Cook2 23:39 14 Sep 04

I'm with Belatucadrus on this one. it's FREE and auto updates definitions, and program when newer version appears.

Cook2 23:39 14 Sep 04

I'm with Belatucadrus on this one. it's FREE and auto updates definitions, and program when newer version appears.

Rigor 23:59 14 Sep 04

when my norton subscription ran out i had problems renewing online so did a bit of research. it would seem from reading all the reviews of av software that none come out great but in the end i went for panda titanium 2004, picked up an oem copy from a well known auction site. it found a couple of worms strait away. in my experience 'free' programs are not as thorough as ones u pay for. eg pest patrol is a far superior product to adaware 6.

dirtyh 00:40 15 Sep 04

most are good but mcafee and noton are very good.
i use norton and though i have recieved a virus all new viruses will get through some companys detection system until they decypher the virus.

ie: it needs to be submitted to the company then they can work on a cure.

Jak_1 00:44 15 Sep 04

AVG, does the job for me. Finds all the Trojans and viruses that the net throws at me. And it's free!

ton 01:31 15 Sep 04

AVG, it does the job, updates several times a week and it's free.

pj123 11:26 15 Sep 04

There probably isn't a "best antivirus program". If they all do the job they are supposed to then any one of them is the best. Some you pay for some you don't. I used to have McAfee AV on yearly subscription but have been using AVG (free) for a long time now, does exactly the same job and does it well. Get AVG from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…