What is the best 2ND HDD for XP PRO?

SANAP 22:41 05 Jul 04

New to xp and want to install a 2nd HD but which is the best. 120gb would be fine but can go higher if needs be.

sanap

hugh-265156 22:51 05 Jul 04

doesn't really matter about the make of the drive as seagate,maxtor,hitachi etc all make good products that perform very similar to each other.

go for as much storage space as you can afford to buy and make sure its a 7200rpm drive. some drives are quieter than others so if you want a very quiet drive i would recommend a seagate. i also have a diamondmax plus9 maxtor and this is every bit as good but its quite audible and may annoy some people.

SANAP 23:12 05 Jul 04

many thanks for quick reply and it was just what I needed, especially the bit about speed and quiteness.

sanap

hugh-265156 23:52 05 Jul 04

ps. go for an 8mb buffer as apposed to a 2mb buffer version of the drive you choose if you have a choice as the difference in price will be minimal. 8mb versions usually perform better, on paper anyway :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…