What is Backweb Lite.

Meshuga 19:54 15 May 05

Spybot keeps finding Backweb Lite. Can anyone tell me what it is please so that I will know whether to remove it or whether I need to exclude it from scanning. I did ask this in my post of a few minutes ago but accidentally marked it as resolved, which it isn`t.

Joe R 19:58 15 May 05

Meshuga, you will find instructions on how to remove it here. click here

TomG 19:59 15 May 05

Backweb is a utility installed during installation of certain programs (I know that HP and Kodak use it).

The notion is that they can use it to auto install updates - but it could be used as spyware etc.

If its in the folder of a well known company you may as well leave it alone but otherwise get rid.

VoG II 20:01 15 May 05
  Meshuga 20:09 15 May 05

Many thanks Joe R, Tom G, and VoG. Have just seen a previous posting on the same subject which I had missed. That was anwered by John00, VoG and Kieth S.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…