//some 3rd party need geo

What to backup?

mikejd1972 23:45 28 Jun 04

What are the most important things to backup? At the moment I have only backed up my drivers, maybe I should do more things. I have a 120gb maxtor hard drive, using up approx 25.2gb so far, half of which are mp3 files from my own cd collection.

Might it be easier to buy this click here and just back everything up in one go? Instead of having loads of cd-r's stored elsewhere - 25gb would be aprox 45-50 of them!

Mike

powerless 23:51 28 Jun 04

You backup anything you don't want to loose.

External HDD is one way also look at imaging software like click here

hugh-265156 00:01 29 Jun 04

i would partition the drive with partition magic and make an image of your windows partition software and all once a month in its working condition with something like acronis or drive image then just back up important files to cdr once a week or so if they change.

or buy another drive fit as slave and keep the image on this or even create an image to cdr, 25gb will fit on 15 cdrs or so with some compression.this may seem a lot of cdrs but when you can restore and be fully up to date (almost) and running in 15mins or so its well worth it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…