What audio format exists on CDs?

s99Raj 22:22 13 Sep 05

I've got several tracks stored as ONE single mp3 file and I wish to record it onto a CD to play on an ordinary CD player. The tracks last about 2 hours long in all and I've tried using Nero to burn an Audio CD but it won't fit on a CD.

Is it possible to fit this onto one CD (the file is about 170 MB big)? Should I try burning it as data?

Should I convert it into another format from mp3, and if so, to what format and what program can I use?

Thank you.

AndySD 22:27 13 Sep 05

If you using Nero 6 try splitting it into individual tracks with Wave Editor click here

s99Raj 22:38 13 Sep 05

I've just tried Wave Editor - man, it looks complicated! Too many menus! What am supposed to be looking for ?? What format do I need to convert to?

AndySD 22:44 13 Sep 05

For the CD to play on normal players it will need to be saves as Wave files. I am not on my pc at home but you can set markers as to the start of each track then just export it an it will split it into the tracks.

s99Raj 22:47 13 Sep 05

Aha, thanks Andy. One of the menu items seems to find pauses automatically so I'll try that now and save them as individual wav files. Hope it works...

s99Raj 22:49 13 Sep 05

Wow. That seems to have done the trick. Thanks AndySD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…