What audio cable do I need?

eshroom 03:11 11 Jul 09

I need a cable connection a 3.5mm audio out, to a mobile phone's 3.5mm as if it were a hands free mic.

So what is played on the computer can be heard by the person on the phone without distortion as if ti were being played directly into the phone and not through the computer.

What cable would this be?

Thanks!

eedcam 09:31 11 Jul 09

Maplins should have what you need or most tv shops
click here

Stuartli 21:18 11 Jul 09

I presume you mean a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo jack plug lead, which any half decent audio, TV or hi-fi shop should have in stock in various lengths at low cost - you could even try a discount store that offers audio accessories.

DieSse 14:10 12 Jul 09

I think you need more than just a cable. In fact I think what you want to achieve may not even be possible.

For a start, the output of the computer is nothing like a microphone signal - it's much louder for a start. Also you'd need to know how the 'phone is supposed to use it's jackplug input (if it is an input).

But why do it through a phone - loudspeakers or a decent headset would be guaranteed to connect and give you the right signal levels and a good sound (better than a phone ever will.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…