What are these 'Header Pins' for?

billyliv 10:00 29 Dec 03

Hi All, Hope you had a nice Christmas. What seems like a very long time ago I fitted a Nvidia Riva TNT2 model 64 AGP card. Yesterday when I was coupling up a front USB socket to the header pins on a USB 2 PCI card I noticed 2 rows of 13 header pins on the Nvidia AGP card making a block of 26 header pins. Curiosity getting the better of me now. What connects to these header pins? Cheers, Bill

leo49 15:37 29 Dec 03

I tried in vain to find the original manual of your card on the web[presumably you've mislaid yours] - a friend has suggested could it possibly be some sort of digital output connector for an LCD? Just speculation but otherwise we're stumped

DieSse 15:44 29 Dec 03

It's known as a "feature connector" - for adding on extras to the graphics card. I've never actually seen any add-on "features" - which is why I think they've now generally dropped the use of them.

click here#

leo49 15:48 29 Dec 03

You live and learn. Thanks DieSse.

billyliv 10:14 31 Dec 03

Thanks DieSse, curiosity over. Cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…