What are the easiest MOD's I can do to my PC?

Dick_Dastardly 22:27 30 Sep 06

I really interested in getting to grips with the 'innerds' of my PC and I'd like to start replacing / improving some of the components in it.

I've replaced RAM, and that was quite easy, so I wondered what other components can be replaced by a novice / intermediate user, and what benefits will they bring?

Totally-braindead 22:34 30 Sep 06

It depends on the spec of what your computer is. There is no point spending cash adding a rather good graphics card for instance onto a PC that is so slow it wouldn't see the advantage.

If you could post what your PC is ie speed of processor, amount of memory, operating system and hard drive size you would get more reasonable answers.

In general the easiest and most cost effective upgrade is memory. Hard drives are also easy to add as are optical drives CD Roms DVDs etc. Graphics card are fairly simple as are adding in extra cards such as a TV card.

It depends on how fast your PC is and what you want to do.

WhiteTruckMan 23:19 30 Sep 06

your system has to cope with can also in certain circumstances do wonders to the performance of your machine. Best part of it is you dont have to spend money!

WTM

FUl2tiV3 23:32 30 Sep 06

can i borrow you? click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 00:25 01 Oct 06

Build your own PC
Videos click here
Info click here
PCmech click here

Front loading drive install (with pictures)
click here

Fitting / Checking Ethernet Card
click here

Install guides
click here

PCI CARD Fit
click here

PSU Guide to changing
click here
click here

Video card install
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…