what are the downsides of LCD flat monitors?

duck_me 02:50 13 Mar 03

dose anyone know

Taran 03:46 13 Mar 03

A hefty price premium (when directly compared to CRT monitors) and certain limitations that can affect fast frame rates in the current crop of todays games are the most obvious downsides.

Some people seem to have issues with font clarity (I don't on any of my TFT screens) while others report pixellation when working close in on high resolution images in Photoshop or similar image editing software.

Aside from that, in very general terms, there's not really too much against them, but there is a very great deal for them.

Keep in mind that there are some quite marked variations in performance within a range of products from different manufacturers. Some offer better image quality than others, so read a comparative review of several products before parting with any cash.

Psiman 06:19 13 Mar 03

click here and click here

Hope that helps.

DieSse 08:08 13 Mar 03

The viewing angles are more limited than CRTs

Some have a response time slow enough to smear when viewing fast changing images.

Because thet essentially have one pixel per dot of resolution, they work best at their "native" resolution, and less well at other resolutions.

They can suffer from dead pixels and sub-pixels

They are a little more fragile if they get a knock on the face plate

They are still noticeably more expensive.

Please note that there is considerable variation between different vendors products, and there are some major upsides too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…