What are DispJPNT.exe & csrfu.exe?

lemon2 19:13 22 Jun 05

Anyone know what these are?

I have Googled for both of them individually, and have resulted in absolutely no returned pages or references.

The reason I ask, I have been sterilising a Windows 98SE computer on a rather old Compaq Presario 7484 (500Mhz CPU, 64Mb SDRAM) for a computer illiterate mate (no AV, no firewall, never had done any maintainance - you know the sort!)

Having run all the usual scanners and removed 196 invidual malware/spyware executables, 91 viruses, 18 worms and 2 keyloggers; neither DispJPNT.exe and csrfu.exe were highlighted by any of my scans as being malignant.

I've searched the entire hard drive for them - they don't exist as exe files now, only as running processes in the systray; I've disabled them from running for the moment which hasn't affected the computer adversely.

Neither are referenced in the registry apart from DispJPNT which has a LGC file, in Windows\Applog

I wondered what they were as I've never come across them before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…