What are CSS???

Dinkiz 09:18 15 Jan 03
  Dinkiz 09:18 15 Jan 03

Hi All,

Now I know this sounds rather strange, but I've put together around 6 websites over the last year...but...I've never used Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). Now, this is something I just seem to have avoided (don't ask me why) but I can't help feeling that I'm missing out on something here. So....could someone tell me in laymans terms what they are and what the advantages would be in using them.

Yours (with head in the sand)
Dinkiz :o)

€dstow 09:23 15 Jan 03

click here for info.

I wouldn't worry too much about not knowing about CSS - loads of people don't and they get on perfectly well.

€d

harristweed 09:50 15 Jan 03

A cascading style sheet is a way of specifying font attributes. Colour, Size, Format and a lot more.
The 'sheet' is a separate file that contains all the formating information for each individual style. referenced by a name i.e "highlight"
The web page is linked to a CSS. In the head section.
link rel="stylesheet" href="sheetname.css" type="text/css"

There are many advantages.
A style can be easily applied using one command i.e class="highlight"
for colour, size, font, background etc. Continuity throughout the site is easily maintained. Links can be any style (not underlined, change colour on mouse hover etc) Many pages can have the font style changed easily with a change to the CSS.

Worth learning!

Dinkiz 18:12 15 Jan 03

Thanks for the info,

I think I'll take some time out and get reading :o)

Cheers, Dinkiz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…