What are bareboned pcs?

alexgray104 18:21 15 Mar 05

I am under a bit of confusion - on a website(directfrom.com) there are bareboned pcs page. First of all what are bareboned pcs? Do they come with all the nesicessery components - processors, memory, hdd's etc. I don't mind installing the operating system. But they are about £200, so I don't want to start buying processors and everything. Thanks in advance for your help.

Totally-braindead 18:25 15 Mar 05

Have a look here click here and you can clearly see what you get. You still need a hard drive, floppy, graphics card if you're not using onboard graphics, keyboard, mouse, monitor, modem and speakers.

Totally-braindead 18:28 15 Mar 05

Forgot you need the operating system as well, but if you buy a barebones system you qualify for an OEM copy of Windows XP which costs less than £65 a big saving on the standard version, which I think is about £120.

Technotiger 18:34 15 Mar 05

Hi, I would go with what totally-braindead suggested, i.e. Novatech, they are in my humble opinion a brilliant firm with prices to match.
I live local to Novatech and have been in their warehouse/store; cleaner than most hospitals.

Cheers.

Buchan 35 19:00 15 Mar 05

Hello, I agree with Technotiger, and from looking at the specs all you need is a HDD and an OS and Novatech sell them too quite reasonably as I`m sure you know by now. Hi Techno...

Technotiger 19:16 15 Mar 05

Just saying Hi Friend, not wishing to be rude by seeming to ignore you - or to hijack a Post.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…