what antispyware is best along side norton

J B 20:23 07 Mar 05

I have at present microsoft antispyware beta and I was wondering if I should run it on it's own. microsoft says you should not so I'm asking which is the best,and also should I remove the beta version of Microsoft antispyware from my main and only computer J.B.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:33 07 Mar 05

Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here
a2 click here
Spyware Sweeper click here
MSoftAntispy Beta click here

Combination = MSAntispy + SpywareBlaster + A2

Spywareblaster stops alot from installing, MS stops anything that passes blaster, A2 good for trojans

Not found anything with Spybot and Adaware since installing MS.

Don't bother with Norton it costs and hogs resources.

CHAIRLEG 21:01 07 Mar 05

I have Norton 2003 plus Spyware Blaster/Spybot/A2 /Adaware/Microsoft Beta/and AOL Spyware protection.They all get along fine.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:57 07 Mar 05

AVG and MS antispy on my machines. These are all you should need.

G

steve263000 05:24 08 Mar 05

I have Norton, MS Beta, Adaware, Spybot and CC Cleaner. No probles with them at all. Ever since MS beta, there has only been one case of a spyware getting through. And I used to get eight to nine a week.

Jaro 20:23 16 Mar 05

phil.s 23:12 24 Mar 05

Anyone had experience of Bulletproofsoft?
I have downloaded a trial version but it will only scan - to remove the spyware it finds you have to subscribe!

Phil

VoG II 23:18 24 Mar 05

Very bad idea click here

phil.s 23:48 24 Mar 05

Thanks VoG™. So it seems that BPS is a rip off of SpyBot amongst others - no wonder it found 900 pieces of 'spyware' that Adaware did not!

And so much for the so called experts at PC World that said it was much better than SpyBot.

Phil.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…