What anti-virus software should i choose??

freddy-firecracker 14:22 13 Oct 04

Got a cybermaxx pc which had e-trust anti-virus software installed. The software has just expired (90 day limit) what software should i go with now. I have SP2 installed and have looked at prices on e bay for norton, mcafee, panda and e-trust. Should i go with E-trust again or should i pick one of the others or download AVG. Don't know if i will be better sticking with e-trust??

cheers FF

JonnyTub 14:24 13 Oct 04

Avg, free, comprehensive and reguarly updated, no complaints here and highly recommended

JonnyTub 14:24 13 Oct 04

Why part with your hard earned cash?

Diodorus Siculus 14:26 13 Oct 04

Avast is also good - certainly I like it a lot:

click here

ribo 14:28 13 Oct 04

I have the pro.(paid version) of AVG and much prefer it to Norton,which I unistalled after problems with 2003 and SP 2. Symantec were no help to me. J

SANTOS7 15:24 13 Oct 04

click here try the AVG beta7 version, its free also, if you don't like it its only cost you time not money,good luck..........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…