what anti virus should i get???

french_always_sucked 13:41 27 Jan 05

I have currently norton anti virus 2003 and i think its time to get a new one.

i have not been looking at anti virus programs for a long time and so need a little bit of help!

what programs are very good??

thanks

steve263000 13:44 27 Jan 05

I have 2004 and it is great. A big package though, and not good unless you have a fast processor.

french_always_sucked 13:48 27 Jan 05

well yes, but norton is ok and you get free updates for about the next 50years with a little "tinkering" lol!

bukkaz 13:52 27 Jan 05

Try avast!
It's free and updated daily. I've never had anything get by it and others I know who have used it speak highly of it as well.

Border View 14:36 27 Jan 05

I go with bukkaz on this one. I changed from AVG (got tired of problems with e-mail) to Avast and think highly of it. Speak as you find.

Chezdez 14:40 27 Jan 05

AVG is my suggestion, been using it over a year, and never had a problem with any virus, always got them cleaned up as soon as theit on my system(unlike PC-cillin, which i left for AVG)

the only problem is that, in AVG 7, you get a constant reminder that e-mail scanner isn't fully configured, got a feeling this i just a glitch though

JoeC 14:40 27 Jan 05

at Virus Bulletin site

click here

noiro 14:42 27 Jan 05

I reported in a different thread what I think of Norton. I received several trojans that apparently were welcomed by Norton as they all turned my PC to mush. I installed Kaspersky yesterday and don't know how well it will work but it can't do worse than Norton (I hope). And yes I did automatic updates with Norton and scanned weekly but all to no avail.

kissag 14:50 27 Jan 05

does norton systemworks include antivirus?

Belatucadrus 14:54 27 Jan 05

click here avast!

click here EZarmor LE

Totally-braindead 14:57 27 Jan 05

Everyone has their preference, personally I've used Norton for about 4 years with no problems at all, but a virus did get through a couple of months ago. I decided to try AVG free and I'm happy with it although I've only been running it for about 3 weeks. One thing I have noticed is AVG updates are available almost daily but Norton ones were almost weekly. It just seems that AVG enable updates faster though that may just be the impression I have. Norton is meant to be a system hog but I never had a problem with it slowing up my PC. I can't say AVG is better than Norton its too soon, ask me in a year. Course the big advantage is AVG like AVAST is free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…