What is amsndmgr.exe

Senrabi 09:25 20 Oct 03

I has just installed Sygate Personal Firewall & found a process runnning on my pc (W2K) called amsndmgr.exe. This exe appears to be polling different ports (outgoing) on my PC? I cannot find anything about this on the internet including Microsoft?

Stuartli 09:30 20 Oct 03

I can't find anything either, although mgr at the end of the title would appear to indicate "manager".

Is there anything on the Sygate website?

Chegs ® 09:52 20 Oct 03

Removed the mgr section of the task and it states its McBeth/Shakespear,etc. :-)

click here

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 10:00 20 Oct 03

Is it some sort of server manager?

Senrabi 10:59 20 Oct 03

I have found it in the Startup register area by using Startup manager, have now disabled it. Also for the momont disabled it in \WINNT\SYSTEM32\

When I did a traceback to the destination of the poll, the WHOIS location referred to ORNET & cs.toronto.edu?

But where did this come from & what is it?

sounds like a hacker & maybe is behaving like they do
Not nice usually delete is enough & also includes cookies as well A pain reconnecting to your favourites

Jester2K II 11:23 20 Oct 03

amsndmgr.exe - could it be something like AM Sound Manager? Have yo tried right clicking the file and seeing if any further info comes up under Properties??

kellysbouncas - ???????

Senrabi 11:48 20 Oct 03

Could also mean "a msn download manager" ? however no info found at properties of amsndmgr.exe.

Will delete file later, if not vital & a hacker tool?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009