What is amsndmgr.exe

Senrabi 09:25 20 Oct 03

I has just installed Sygate Personal Firewall & found a process runnning on my pc (W2K) called amsndmgr.exe. This exe appears to be polling different ports (outgoing) on my PC? I cannot find anything about this on the internet including Microsoft?

Stuartli 09:30 20 Oct 03

I can't find anything either, although mgr at the end of the title would appear to indicate "manager".

Is there anything on the Sygate website?

Chegs ® 09:52 20 Oct 03

Removed the mgr section of the task and it states its McBeth/Shakespear,etc. :-)

click here

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 10:00 20 Oct 03

Is it some sort of server manager?

Senrabi 10:59 20 Oct 03

I have found it in the Startup register area by using Startup manager, have now disabled it. Also for the momont disabled it in \WINNT\SYSTEM32\

When I did a traceback to the destination of the poll, the WHOIS location referred to ORNET & cs.toronto.edu?

But where did this come from & what is it?

sounds like a hacker & maybe is behaving like they do
Not nice usually delete is enough & also includes cookies as well A pain reconnecting to your favourites

Jester2K II 11:23 20 Oct 03

amsndmgr.exe - could it be something like AM Sound Manager? Have yo tried right clicking the file and seeing if any further info comes up under Properties??

kellysbouncas - ???????

Senrabi 11:48 20 Oct 03

Could also mean "a msn download manager" ? however no info found at properties of amsndmgr.exe.

Will delete file later, if not vital & a hacker tool?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…