What am I downloading?

chochi 19:54 16 Nov 08

I am using Net Meter to monitor my Bandwidth.In the last week it shows that I have DL/UL over 4GB.
I dont think I have used that much, only browsing, no films or music. Is there a programme that I can download to monitor what is being downloaded?

MAJ 20:01 16 Nov 08

That's way too much for just browsing. Do you use YouTube?

chochi 20:02 16 Nov 08

No don't use it, thanks.

skidzy 20:10 16 Nov 08
  chochi 20:16 16 Nov 08

Thanks skidsy, but I've used that one before and it's much the same as Net Meter. I'm looking for something to show the actual sites being downloaded from. Maybe there isn' such a programme.

skidzy 20:18 16 Nov 08

Are you connected to a router ?
If so,do you have the security enabled ?

If you are connected to a router with no security,you may have a piggybacker !

chochi 20:33 16 Nov 08

Yes my Router security is enabled.

woodchip 21:53 16 Nov 08

turn off graphics downloading in the options in browser

chochi 22:33 16 Nov 08

So, I take it there is not a programme to do what I asked.

DieSse 22:37 16 Nov 08

Software?

Software updates?

If you don't delete your Internet caches, have a look in them for any recent large files.

DieSse 22:47 16 Nov 08

Google - internet activity monitor - You'll be looking for the type of software that monitors employee internet usage.

There's plenty of free trials that you can use for a one-off monitoring exercise. Example

click here

PS - It's Program - Programme is used for TV and Radio - the US spelling is the norm for computers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…