What about this and P4

woodchip 23:22 10 May 04

The current line of top-end Pentium 4s each consume 100 watts, or more than most household lightbulbs. Much of that energy is lost in leakage. By making a dual-core chip with each chip running at a moderate speed, Intel can increase peformance and reduce power consumption.

click here

"The Pentium 4 has just not delivered what it should have. It was a billion-dollar effort," he said, adding "AMD will totally kill them on benchmarks" in 2005.

Forum Editor 23:47 10 May 04

we posted on this subject last week
click here

It just goes to show that when you're in the CPU business you need the deepest pockets in the world, and R&D managers who aren't frightened to admit they took a wrong turn.

woodchip 23:57 10 May 04

Yes that also why I alway's shop canny, My first comp was a P60 from defunct ESCOM Paid £160 for 3 year up front Warranty and went bust 4 weeks later money gone I soon learned lesson. I now look at upgrades on the basis of not the latest and greatest. but if for example a CPU I would look at where the sharp change occurred it’s a case of value for money. but that's life and as you know we are still learning even at 68

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…