What about this laptop ??? collecting it later.

grabster 09:20 26 Dec 06

hi, im going down to collect this later click here
im getting this one as this one click here
is no longer an option.
this thred here explains it all click here

anybody care too comment on this choice ?
anybody else have one ?

cheers...

Diodorus Siculus 09:29 26 Dec 06

It's a good option; just don't bother with the half price symantec deal - there are a multitude of fee options available to you.

I'd have a concern that there are only two USB ports - is that enough? Seems you will have to add a hub to expand on this.

click here and get her a nice bag while you are there!

grabster 09:32 26 Dec 06

No need for the symantec stuff here, or the bag as the lappy will never leave the house.
Thanks for the rapid reply.

grabster 10:06 26 Dec 06

Any other opinions out there ?

skidzy 10:12 26 Dec 06

Hi Grabster

Good luck with the new lappy,very happy with the new purchase i bought,pity you cannot get the original one.

Just do not let there staff try and bully you into the extra's...they are not needed as plenty of free AV/Firewall and utilities out there.

Get your lappy and come back for more advice of what to use.

All the best.

grabster 10:30 26 Dec 06

Hi Skidzy , i know what you mean about pcworld trying to bolt on all sorts of stuff but thanks to pca over the years ive gleaned knowledge and info to help me avoid the usual pitfalls and possible problems.
I just hope the missus dont shrug her shoulders and say what do i need one of those for, its either a lappy or a sat nav.
im sure once i get it hooked up and working she will see the benefits of having her own pc.
cheers.

Phphred 11:10 26 Dec 06

"I just hope the missus dont shrug her shoulders and say what do i need one of those for, its either a lappy or a sat nav."
I am afraid that women cannot see the point in spending money on what we would call essentials so if she moans about the lappy, take it back and get yourself a sat nav!!

Phphred 11:12 26 Dec 06

"I just hope the missus dont shrug her shoulders and say what do i need one of those for, its either a lappy or a sat nav."
I am afraid that women cannot see the point in spending money on what we would call essentials so if she moans about the lappy, take it back and get YOURSELF a sat nav!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac