what about Firefox 3.5 ?

Dasmad 18:14 09 Nov 09

Can someone tell my if and why I need to "upgrade to Firefox 3.5". I'm still getting suggestions to install latest version of FF 3.0x, but just discovered that this new one is available. It sounds good, but I have memories of speed problems when I moved up to 3.0x from 2.0x., though I seem to be ok now.
Any comments welcome

steviekm 18:40 09 Nov 09

i recently started using the latest version;and although there have been several updates recently have found that it is far better than the older versions - i have found it very quick- certainly a lot quicker than 3.0 and ie8. no hesitation in recommending it!!

Muergo 22:52 09 Nov 09

If you get as far as 3.5 then you need a furtherfix to 3.5.5which was issued last week to stop crashing.

gigagiggles 23:08 09 Nov 09

reasons for upgrading - crash fixes, memory leak fixes, security improvements and patches, added functionalities.

reason for not upgrading - must-have addon/plugin that only works with the older version.

muddypaws 13:18 10 Nov 09

I was about to say that since I got 3.5.5 it hasn't crashed.
However it crashed as I was about to type this!!

Muergo 15:21 10 Nov 09

I tried Firefox 3.6 beta and it showed up a lot of non compatible plugins/addons so went back to 3.5.5 and have no difficulties with the ones I use. Especially have need for NoSquint for fast resizing

Dasmad 09:57 22 Nov 09

thanks for the advice everybody

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…