What is 32-bit PCI 2.2 bus mastering compatibility

Bertie B 20:31 04 Dec 03

I was just on the point of ordering a Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert TV Card - as a relatively cheap way of capturing VCR films, home video, and live TV for recording to VCD and ultimately DVD [when I buy one!] - when I noticed that the hardware interface is 32-bit PCI 2.2 bus mastering Compatibility!!!???

Can anyone offer advice how I can establish if my PC - a 6 month old Packard Bell 5067 Pentium 4 2.4 Mhz meets this spec requirement, please? Everyhing in the info on the PC refers to 3 PCI slots!!

Is anything ever straight forward???

you'll be fine, its a fairly old legacy system that doesnt have a bus mastering chipset. so long as you have a spare pci slot you'll be ok

Giggle n' Bits 20:43 04 Dec 03

a year & half old it will support the 2.2 compliancy.

Not going into too much detail, its the next PCI comliancy and I think the voltage for a PCI slot.

Like AGP card they have AGP 2.0 now

I would check with the Packard Bell user Forum as Tech staff call in there from PB and also look at your spec at Packard Bell site in the My pc

At Support-My PC support

They have just revamped there website, you can now search for your pc using the S/n

Bertie B 21:22 04 Dec 03

Thanks for that - a great help!

I have ordered the Deluxe version, as opposed to the Expert Version, which is 2.1 Compatibility so should be OK!

Cheers

Bertie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…