is wga a virus

lakeman 20:40 19 Apr 09

i have norton anti virus installed and last night it reported an issue with an entity it described as severe so naturally i thought it was a virus , it removed it to quarantine where i had a look and its called "wga 1991".rar", not downloaded by me .on further scrutiny it appears to be an effort to replace an item i removed manually named "windows genuine advantage" a pain that started popping up three months after i bought my desktop with windows xp pro pre-installed. my win xp is genuine microsoft wont reply to my mails , any ideas

grey george 20:47 19 Apr 09

.rar files are compressed like zip files. As far as window genuine advantage and preinstalled xp check out this current thread. click here
WGA is not a virus if it is from MS but I don't think they use .rar files

lakeman 20:52 19 Apr 09

thanks grey george i knew i should have checked the forums before i posted .

lakeman 21:00 19 Apr 09

i just googled this wga entity and it appears its a crack designed to assist users to override any problems with pirated copys of win xp when attempting to validate the product..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…