WESTERN DIGITAL WDTV MEDIA BOX & ALBUM ART

rotormota 08:15 05 Mar 09

Hi,
I recently purchased a WD WDTV media box & want to rip my CD collection to a WD 'My Passport' HD which in itself works fine using WMP11. But, despite the album art being displayed in WMP11, frustratingly this is not transferred to the WDTV. It shows all of the CD info except the cover art, just blank thumbnails.

Any ideas or freeware to sort the issue out?

Many thanks.
J

yorkieman 03:59 06 Mar 09

i have the same box you cannot put cover art on your cd albums or movies this may be available soon in a firmware update just keep looking on the wd site, dam good box tho

The Old Mod 06:39 06 Mar 09

Hi, My son and I both have the same unit, and yes you can put album artwork on it. We have both done it.

The artwork has to be imbedded into the file using Itunes. Install Itunes if you don't already have it.

Then goto file, Add file to library, once done, right click on file, get info, click on artwork, then add, and then go to where the artwork is saved, click OK. The artwork will now display on the WD. Make sure the artwork file is not to big, and also make sure you have thumbnail turned on, on the WD.
I hope I've made it clear, good luck.

rotormota 06:54 06 Mar 09

Hi,
Thanks for your responses. I have found a way to put album art on....download Media Monkey free & rip CDs using that. It finds all the CD info, embeds it at a click of a button & hey presto, the WD box displays it. Great, versatile player, ripper & burner for free.

Cheers.
J

rotormota 06:55 06 Mar 09

Also, will tag/organise all your existing music collection on your PC too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…